Sunday, August 22, 2010

Kenson and Karter

I decided to write Kenson and Karter's update together since they typically do the same things.

2010 has been a great year for the boys so far. No major illnesses, accidents, or broken bones.

Kenson turned 8 in February and he had a sleep over with his buddies.
From Left to Right: Caden, Mike, Ethen, Kenson, Landon, Karter. Back Right: Kohen. Center: Polly

We went to Lego Land in March. All of the rides are pretty much geared for younger kids. This was perfect for the boys. These two are the biggest chickens EVER! The display behind them is made entirely of Legos. It's a race track complete with race cars and a huge crowd in the grandstand. The people in the grandstand are made out of Legos too. The detail is incredible.
They both received "A" Honor Roll in school this year and Sis. Casey survived having both of them in her class... at the same time...everyday. She's a saint.
I'm really excited to report that they actually completed a year of Bible quizzing. Now, they didn't learn all of the verses, but we did hang in there and went to the last tournament. They were supposed to learn 183 verses and I think we ended up learning somewhere in the 130's. I say "we" because as every BQ parent in the Beginner division knows, these little guys don't learn verses on their own. :-) Is anyone proud of ME for learning 130 something verses? huh? Guess not. I'm really proud of them for lasting to the end ( and myself for that matter, cuz I really, really wanted to quit in April.)
As you can see, they get really nervous right before they quiz. It's sad, really, to put them through this kind of pressure. They're trying to let off some steam with Rylan and Dylan from the Paso Robles team. (Hey, That rhymed! Steam and team...get it?)

This is Bakersfield 1. Kenson, Karter and Caden. See the lady with the red hair in the back? That's Sister Diane Newton. THE LADY HAS PATIENCE! It's not easy trying to get these guys to calm down and practice or to stop interrupting questions like a bunch of crazy, crazed....craze.....crazies. (there really are no analogies for crazy bible quizzers, how sad....)
We decided to get the boys a crew cut this summer and get rid of all their hair. This the "after" pic. Landon the Great came along too.

That brings y'all pretty much up to date!

3 comments:

  1. Good, because I need to know whats happening!!!!!!!!! = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say.. I am SUPER DUPER proud of you for learning 130 verses Melissa!! You and Shawn are AWESOME Bible Quizzing Parents and we LOVE having you all involved! I am so proud of the boys, they always do AWESOME! I love reading your blog.. it makes me giggle *giggle giggle* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. I am proud of you for learning your verses too! But I bet you cant sing them the way I can. lol (I can't actually quote most of them with out remembering the beat that goes with them.)

    ReplyDelete