Friday, October 29, 2010

Homeschool Field Trip

Every year Shawn and I try to catch Tehachapi's apple season. Last year they only sold apples for two weeks and we missed it. This year they have an abundance of apples and have been selling apples for about two months. 
If you only buy apples in the grocery store, you are missing out. We were told by the apple growers that the apples in the grocery store are actually last year's apples and have been kept refrigerated since they were picked. Obviously the fresh ones are way better.

As we were driving around, we stumbled upon a pumpkin patch (happy, happy, joy, joy). Have I told you that I love pumpkins? Well, I do. I have a fetish about pumpkins, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. 

Kohen wanted to get down and walk so we were happy to oblige him. We soon got distracted with helping the boys pick out their pumpkins. Kohen wasn't impressed with the pretty, orange pumpkins at all. He decided to have a sit and check out the dirt. 

It looked interesting...... It felt interesting....


Let's see if it tastes interesting.
Not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment