Saturday, October 9, 2010

Monterey Bay Aquarium

We recently took our first homeschool field trip to Monterey Bay Aquarium. My dad had gotten us tickets and we used them on Karter's birthday weekend. 

There's something very intriguing about the ocean and the aquarium was a cool way to get to explore a small part of it. 

My favorite part was the sea horse exhibit. It was huge and displayed so well. I have never seen so many different species of sea horses and I have been to three other large aquariums. This had the best sea horse exhibit by far. I wish I had taken more pictures.

If you've never been to Monterey Bay, it is totally a worth while trip. We didn't get to spend any time on Cannery Row, but all of the shops and restaurants looked like a ton of fun.

Here the boys are "underneath" a wave
Kohen loved looking at all the fish too.
Can you see the sea horse? 
When I first saw this tank, I thought "what are all those people staring at?" These sea horses are so cleverly disguised. God actually made their body leaf like, so they blend in with the sea weed. This truly was the coolest thing I saw all day. It's called a Leafy Sea Dragon. 
Here is a better pic of it.
Pappa Mick, Kenson and Karter and Harry Otter.

No comments:

Post a Comment