Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Karter

Karter's birthday was this weekend and my little guy turned 7. I'll share a few facts about him that y'all might not know.

Karter was the biggest of the Pettis babies, being born at 8lbs, 3oz.
He is the only one of the boys that has green/hazel eyes like his mamma.
He has a fear of natural disasters even though he has never been in one.
He loves knock, knock jokes. (would somebody pleeeese tell him some new ones.)
He collects stuffed animals.
His favorite animals are monkeys.
He's also very analytical so he has a thing for numbers and counting. An interesting conversation between him and my sister went something like this:

Karter: "Aunt Misti, what's your favorite letter in the alphabet?"
Aunt Misti: "Ummm, I don't know. I've never thought about it. Maybe M?"
Karter: "Mine is E. You know why?"
Aunt Misti: "Why?"
Karter: "Because E is the fifth letter in the alphabet and my favorite numbers are 5 and 15"

Karter smothers me with hugs and kisses throughout the day, especially when he's supposed to be doing his schoolwork.
He is easily embarassed and doesn't like to be the center of attention.
His favorite food is shrimp.
His favorite color is green.
Karter also thinks I am extremely old. Like older than metal, steel, or aluminum.

That's old.

I'm surprised he hasn't tried to put me a nursing home.

We had this conversation right after he learned to ride his new bike:

Karter: "Mom, what color were bikes back then?"
Me: knowing exactly what he was referring to, "Back when?"
Karter: "Back when you were a kid."
Me: "They had all colors, just like now."
Karter: "Oh"
I can see wheels turning in his little head and I'm wondering what's going to come next when he asks, "Were they made out of wood?"

Happy Birthday Karter Mack! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment